[ad name=”Google Adsense”]
Today am starting from the roots if you are new to CuteFTP this is for you.
CuteFTP is a File Transfer Protocol (FTP) client used to transfer files between your computer and File Transfer Protocol (FTP) servers. Whether you are publishing a Web page, downloading the latest digital images, music, or software, or if you are just transferring large files between your home and office, CuteFTP gets the job done every time.
As a continuation to the CuteFTP Tutorial Series, I will show you How to download and install CuteFTP the right way without any problems.
1. Create a new folder on your desktop, give it a name that you will remember e.g CuteFTP Download
2. Copy and Paste the download addressÂ provided for your software into your internet browser and press return.Â This is usually sent to you by the store where you bought it via an email along with your license key. (To Copy – highlight the information CTRL +C to Paste CTRL + V)
3. Once you get the download prompt, select Save as.
4. Save the file in the folder you created in Step 1.
5. When the file is fully downloaded, just double-click to start installation.
To Install(see bottom image for reference):
1. Open the folder where you saved the download CuteFTP.
2. Double-click on the CuteFTP installation icon (in .exe file).
3. On the Welcome Screen, click Next.
4. Read the license agreement, if you’re done, click Yes to proceed.
5. Browse location where you want your files to be saved, click Next.
6. Choose Setup type, click Next. This will start the
performing the necessary operations, wait for it to finish.
7. Click Finish.
That’s all there is to it!
If you are interested in purchasing a download and a license for CuteFTP 8, you canÂ go here.
Or if you already own an older version of CuteFTP you may upgrade here.
Until Next Time 😉
Peter – Your CuteFTP Guide